Jump to Navigation

November 2016 Archives

Alternative dispute resolution can help you resolve your case

Sometimes, divorces aren't all bad. If you and your soon-to-be-ex spouse can work together, you could be able to avoid lengthy litigation and drawn out court dates. What if you run into a snag, though? Is there an alternative to turning to the judge for help?

What's the difference between a legal separation and divorce?

When you're in a marriage that isn't working out, you have two real options. The first is to separate, and the second is to get a divorce. Legal separation and divorce aren't the same, even though they have similar outcomes in some ways. For instance, a legal separation can help you divide your assets, but a divorce legally dissolves your marriage. In both cases, you are able to return to living a life on your own and away from your spouse.

How can you seek out child support in North Carolina?

You may have recently decided to get a divorce, or maybe you've never been married to the mother or father of your child. Whatever the case may be, your child deserves to receive child support from the non-custodial parent. This support is there to enhance your child's life and to provide the support that two parents would provide if they lived together and raised the child in the same home.

Dad obtains custody after mother takes kids out of state

Child custody arrangements can sometimes be difficult to determine when a divorce has not yet been finalized. It's important not to remove your children from their home state, though, unless the other parent has given permission. Doing this can make it appear like you're trying to separate your children from your spouse, and unless there is a good reason to do so, it can lead to troubling legal consequences.

2 tips to avoid turning arguments into marriage-ending conflicts

You might be trying to decide if you want to go through a divorce, but you may also be considering counseling or ways to save your marriage. One thing you can do to help your marriage is to decide on different ways to approach arguments. Here are a couple ways that you can argue and come out feeling better about the conflict.

Office Location

The Graham. Nuckolls. Conner
Law Firm, PLLC

321 Evans Street, Suite 200
Hendrix Building
Greenville, NC 27858

Phone: 252-493-6114
Toll-Free: 800-682-1756
Fax: 252-757-3563

Map and directions

Hear From Us Today

Bold labels are required.


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy